Cauliflower power

27 Jul
When you have a head of cauliflower lying around and don’t know what to do with it…
Turn cauliflower into mashed potatoes :D
This is one of my favorite recipes because it is easy, simple and healthy.  I’m sure there are tons of recipes floating around for this kind of thing but this is my own rendition.  You can find the simple recipe here.
So today, I had some of the ‘taters for lunch!
I love how filling these are!
I also created this delicious dish!
I mixed Trader Joe’s pulled barbecue chicken with some farfalle, tomatoes, and mozzarella and sprinkled some oregano on top!
And oh my yum, it really was as delicious as it looks!  I have never had anything barbecue with pasta, but I thought, why not?!  It made the meal more filling and the chicken go further.
Luckily, I still have 2 more servings of this chicken because I am dreaming about it.
On the agenda for tonight!
♦Hurry home
♦Try to get some running in
♦Have dinner with the family
♦Then mini golf :D

Cauliflower on Foodista

10 Responses to “Cauliflower power”

1. therabbitrunner July 27, 2010 at 1:37 pm #

i really want to try the cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes soon!! everyone says they taste really similar! plus I hate cauliflower so it might be a great way to learn to love it.

• allieatfood July 27, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

You should give it a try! It is definitely an amazing alternative. A lot healthier and you can spice it up any way you like! :)

2. Tina July 27, 2010 at 4:25 pm #

I love love love mashed cauliflower. It really is amazing how good a sub it is for mashed potatoes. Although there can always be room for mashed potatoes in life too. ;)

And I’m going to follow you on Twitter. I’m TinaFFF.

• allieatfood July 27, 2010 at 7:29 pm #

It is a great substitute but of course nothing is truly like the real thing, like the real thing! Thanks for following me, I’ll follow you too!

3. Erica @ Fashion meets Food July 27, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

I seriously need to try that cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes. It looks so good. I love cauliflower, but am afraid it could taste absolutely gross. Maybe i`ll just have to suck it up.

xo

• allieatfood July 27, 2010 at 7:29 pm #

You should give it a whirl, it will be worth it, I promise! Thanks for stopping by :)

4. Autumn @ Good Eats Girl July 27, 2010 at 9:35 pm #

I really need to try to do this with cauliflower…it always looks so yummy!

5. the Jay July 27, 2010 at 10:15 pm #