Your Core Benefits + MORE
Preloaded Flexible Benefits Card
All Essence plans include core extra benefits (dental, vision and hearing), and most plans include rich allowances for those extras. With our preloaded Flex Card, you’ll get MORE MONEY to use in those categories, and for over-the-counter (OTC) items.
See the Flex Card and benefit options available to you.
How it WorksUse the Flex Card in addition to your built-in dental, vision and hearing coverage and any allowances included with your plan.
- The card is preloaded with funds at the beginning of each quarter (January, April, July and October).
- Use up to your whole allowance in any of the allowed categories (dental, vision, hearing, OTC)—with both in-network and out-of-network providers.
- Funds roll over from quarter to quarter but expire at the end of the year.
- Plan members can go online to check balance, retailers, eligible products and more.
What You Can Purchase
Non-Medicare-covered items and services, such as:
Dental X-rays, fillings, crowns, etc.
Health-related over-the-counter products, like:
First aid products
Where To Use the CardUse your Flex Card with in- or out-of-network dental, vision or hearing providers.
For OTC items, choose from thousands of physical retail locations nationwide, or use the online Essence OTC Store.
- The Flex Card must be used for payment of eligible items and services. Any other forms of payment used aren’t eligible for reimbursement.
- Your Flex Card isn’t a credit card. It can’t be converted to cash or used to pay plan premiums or for non-covered Flex Card services.
Want to learn more about your options?
Request FREE Information
Download your FREE Medicare Advantage Information Kit or request a copy by mail.
Make an appointment
Get all of your questions answered in a meeting with a local, licensed Essence Healthcare advisor.
Attend a Medicare seminar
Learn more about Essence plans at one of our FREE local or online Medicare seminars.
Talk with a licensed Medicare advisor
Call to discuss your plan options with a licensed Essence Healthcare advisor.