Huge head.

27 Oct
It took a lot for me to walk through the grocery store the other day and
A) Not giggle when I saw MONSTER cauliflower (s? are more than one still cauliflower?)
B) Not buy one! They were 2/$4.00!
I kid you not  when I say that as soon as I put the cauliflower  in my basket I had to hustle to the checkout line because that thing was heavyyy!  I wish I had weighed it.
Let’s just say it was probably bigger than my head.  And I have a huge noggin.
So what’s a girl to do with so much veggie?
I contemplated it for a bit and came up with a great idea…cauliflower spaghetti!  I had tried my grandma’s in the past so I decided to  give it a whirl.
I winged it so here is my rough recipe:
•1/2 cauliflower, or whole using a normal sized head
•1/2 and onion
•2 TBS olive oil
•1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
•1 garlic clove
•1/2 box angel hair pasta
-Boil water and steam cauliflower.
-Chop onion into fine pieces.  Saute in olive oil.  Add minced garlic.  When onion pieces are slightly brown, add bread crumbs and cook until toasted.
-When cauliflower is soft, add to onion mixture and cook for several minutes.
-Meanwhile, you can use the same water to cook  pasta.
-Combine veggie mixture and pasta! Top with some Parmesan cheese and enjoy :)
I love the way the cauliflower just melts into the pasta.
Now what do I do with the other half of the cauliflower?!
Mangia!

7 Responses to “Huge head.”

1. cleaneatingchelsey October 28, 2010 at 6:58 am #

I love cauliflower! I used to hate it as a kid, but now I <3 it!!

• allieatfood October 28, 2010 at 1:17 pm #

Mmm it is so tasty! Even if it is kinda stinky.

2. kbwood October 28, 2010 at 1:12 pm #

hahah that is HUGE! great recipe girl!

• allieatfood October 28, 2010 at 1:17 pm #

Thanks! I thought it was funny how big it was :)

3. lindsay October 28, 2010 at 1:29 pm #

I love cauliflower recipes, so versatile! You could make cualiflower rice or pizza crust with the remaining head. :)

• allieatfood October 28, 2010 at 2:15 pm #

I’ve never even heard of cauliflower rice or thought to use it in pizza crust! Great ideas, thanks :)

4. test March 17, 2013 at 1:42 pm #

Hello! I’m sure this really is kind of away topic nevertheless When i seemed to be asking yourself which in turn blog system do you think you’re utilizing with this site? Now i am having fed up with WordPress due to the fact I’ve truly experienced difficulty with cyberpunks as well as Now i am thinking about methods of a different system. We would always be wonderful when you might point me towards an excellent system.