Triumph Philadelphia.

29 Mar
I don’t want to brag, but I live in a pretty cool place.  Now I’m not going to say that New Jersey is the best all around ( we are known as the armpit of the country) but in terms of foodie-ness…
source
We’re sandwiched between Philadelphia and NYC!  So if you’re willing to travel a short distance for good food, you’re in a great location.
Awhile back Jay and I decided we were going to try not to return to a restaurant twice without trying several new places.  There are just too many to visit and our list is getting too long.
But, Triumph Brewing Company is worth visiting twice in a short amount of time :)
Triumph is a brewery so naturally we had to try some beer!
I’m not a beer drinker by any means but I gave one a whirl and slugged it down.
We each started off with an appetizer.
Jay had soft pretzels.
And I tried fried pickles for the first time!! I think Snookie would be proud :)  I will say that I was slightly disappointed.  I thought they would have been slices of pickles instead of spears.  But they were delicious nonetheless.
I had delicious fish tacos that came with a great mixed green salad!  I can never say no when there are fish tacos on the menu!
Jay had a chicken sandwich that unknowingly came with fries.
So he ordered a big bowl of Parmesan truffle fries.  I don’t think anyone was complaining :)
We love Triumph because of the food and atmosphere!  It is a gastropub so beer drinkers can get their fix and foodies can try something new.  I highly recommend you check it out if you’re ever in Philadelphia or one of their other locations in Princeton, NJ or New Hope, NJ!

6 Responses to “Triumph Philadelphia.”

1. Cara Craves... March 29, 2011 at 4:06 am #

Yum!
    Those fresh cut fries look great…A lovely indulgence.
    I love the atmosphere of gastropubs as well…They always have a cool vibe, are nice and casual and serve great things. I’m with you on the fish tacos!

2. This Italian Family March 29, 2011 at 10:45 am #

Oh my goodness, so many good eats here! I love fried pickles! Though I’ve only had them in slices, not in spears. I’m sure it was still yummy, though. :)

3. Euniece@innerpeacehealthytreats&runningfeet March 29, 2011 at 11:03 am #

oh wow those fries look absolutely mouth watering !!! i’ll definately have to check out that place when i am in the area

4. New Jersey Nick March 29, 2011 at 12:16 pm #

Wow. Look at the thick salt on the pretzels and fries. That looks great. But, I must disagree a bit: New Jersey is the best all around, and I don’t use phrases like ‘armpit of the nation’ or ‘Snooki’.

5. Jenny March 29, 2011 at 2:09 pm #

Parmesan truffle fries? Omg I think I’m in love lol Everything looks delicious!

6. BrittFit March 30, 2011 at 12:49 am #